Tuesday, December 6, 2011

3 Great Gifts To Get For Yourself This Year

Gifts3

Everyone loves gifts, don't they? Well at least we like the good ones, not the ones that are impractical like jewelry and stuff like that. I know people especially like gifts they can use. That's why I am getting my wife a blender for Christmas. I think she'll love it. She blends stuff all the time!

Seriously though, I was reflecting this morning on Christmas gifts this morning and thinking about how when people go shopping for gifts, they typically grab some stuff for themselves, while they are out. So I figured I would share with you some great gifts you should get for yourself this year. 

1. Get yourself the gift of forgiveness. Christmas time is a great time to be reminded that the cancer of unforgiveness ruins every relationship. I am sure that there are people that have hurt you and let you down. I am sure that it affects you. Give them a gift while you get one yourself- forgive them. It will bless God and you at the same time. Its a gift that God gives us to be able forgive. Receive it. 

2. Get yourself the gift of love. Love comes into our lives in so many forms. Look for it throughout your day and receive it. I've started hugging this greeter at wal-mart. Its a long story how it started happening, but now, every time I see them, we hug. Sure, I get low prices at wal-mart, but bless God, I've found another place in my life to get the gift of love!

3. Get yourself the gift of joy. This certainly is the most wonderful time of the year, and realizing it will bring you the joy of Christmas. Its not just the presents and the lights, it really is "God and sinners reconciled" when you reflect on it, it will truly give you joy. Receive that gift of joy!

Christmas isn't really about giving, its about receiving. That little babe wasn't born in Bethlehem for himself, he was born for YOU. 

be blessed
pastor matt

Posted via email from Faith and Victory Church Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment