Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Your Grandma was a Gorilla (pictures included)

I can assume that the bulk of people that read my blog agree somewhat with who I am and what I'm about- so I may be preaching to the choir here, but I want to make it clear how much I don't believe in the process of Evolution as the means by which we came into existence.
 
I did not desend from an ape- if that were the case, then why are there still apes?
 
I did not rise out of some pool of goo- because if I was born in goo I would have died when I got out of it.
 
I didn't trip and fall and suddenly grow legs- people have been swimming for years and we still dont have gills and webbed feet.
 
I don't buy the notion that I'm here by accident, that in some way that the Earth was formed from some explosion in the sky (with no explanation by that bang theorist where the matter came from, or how the bang occured),
 
I am no accident. I am not descended. I am not at the top of some ladder. I can't explain it all but I can explain this- beleiving that the human body, as complex as it is, happened by accident is the same as believing if I took all the parts of a watch and put them in a bag and shook it vigorously, that over time it would become a watch.
 
Why does this bother me? Because I think it minimizes our self value and even more minimizes the creative power of God. The thought goes, that if we weren't created by someone then we answer to no one but ourselves, which is not the case. God created us- therefore we are responsible to respond to His creative power in our lives. We can't deny it, we can't escape it, we must embrace it.
 
Where's all this coming from? I found this slick slideshow today and all I could think about was how awesome creation is, and how there are still so many people who don't believe in God.
 
Who would have thought that a dust mite could show God's power- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/picture-galleries/7924099/Creepy-crawlies-Amazing-Scanning-Electron-Microscope-pictures-of-insects-and-spiders.html look at these pictures! They are simply put- amazing in every sense of the word.
 
What is the nugget for the day? Have you forgot that it was God that created you? That He set in motion this wonderful world that we live on? Perhaps you should take a moment to thank Him. To glorify Him for the gift that He gave us- our life, and a life on this beautiful Earth. All of creation points to His glory- Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
 
Live it today. God created you. You are no accident.
 
Be blessed
matt
 

Posted via email from Faith and Victory Church Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment