Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Back at the Old Grindola

Ok blog-readers. Its been a bit. I can't even remember the last time I wrote the blog. I think its maybe been a month. I'm sorry I'm going to try to get back to it.
 
This blog has always been characterized by brute honesty, hasn't it? Its been a place where we gather together and look in the mirror and change what we see, and I think that's a good thing. Most of you who read this, know me personally, and by now have figured out that I don't really fit the mold of most blogs. I write what I write. I twist and turn and turn again.
 
To be honest why I think I let up on the blog is simple- (and yes, I know this is a shallow attempt for affirmation) I began to get this feeling as if the blog had outstayed its welcome. For some reason It began to feel as if it was a cyber intrusion that had kicked in the front door of your inbox and was now sleeping on the couch and wouldn't leave after scores of attempts to remove it.  Hopefully its not the case, but sometimes even the best piece of pie gets a bit bland after the fourth piece. Maybe it was a satanic attack, maybe it was reality, either way, I began to get this sinking feeling as if the blog was on life-support and the readers were merely stopping by out of respect of the dying.
 
I hope that is not the case. Here's the plan- a new invigorating attempt at whimsical theologically insight to encourage you throughout your day. Personal thanks to my friend Patrick Nelson who's facebook message challenged me to sit down and write today. Moving forward I will no longer give into the shallow self-loathing behavior I have allowed myself to give in to. I will write with the vigor of which I used to be accustomed. Now, its still Summer, so i can't promise every day, but more than never.
 
Here's the deal- I had began to think that the blog wasn't received by the readers, so I stopped writing it, but what I realized is that the benefits that I get from writing the blog are enough to keep me going, or at least it should be.
 
What the application for you? Is there something in your life that you used to do that you stopped doing because you thought it wasn't beneficial? Possibly what you were doing was a benefit to others and most importantly yourself. Go back to doing it.
 
Often times we talk ourselves out of something that we should be doing merely because we're not getting the feedback that we think we should be getting. This is not how todo things. We do things because we know its what we should be doing them, not because someone else is encouraging us to do it. Usually the most beneficial things we do in our lives we get zero recognition or encouragement to do so. We do them because we know that God wants us to do them, not because of some external encouragement.
 
There you have it. Get back to it. I'm trying to.

Be blessed
matt
 
 

Posted via email from Faith and Victory Church Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment