Thursday, October 6, 2011

My First Computer I bought Was Mac Plus

My first computer I ever bought was a MacPlus. I got it in 1993 to take to college with me. I loved that computer. It was so simple to use, I had a whopping 4 megabytes (not gigabytes) of RAM and 125 megabyte external hard drive- which people balked at and asked me- "what are you going to do with all that space"?

The MacPlus is gone. As of yesterday- so is its inventor. 

People in my generation grew up on Apple computers. We had them at our schools as kids and played "Oregon Trail" and carried around 5 and half inch floppy disks in our folders. I learned my first things about computers on an apple. I do not own an apple product at this time- but I have a respect for what Apple did, and what they produced. That company did some amazing things. 

What I think was the most amazing thing about Apple is that they created a culture around a product. People who love Apple love Apple and are relentless in its defense. Who would have thought that just by making earphones white instead of the standard black, that you could influence people to buy a product that is 3 times more expensive than the non-apple product. 

Apple did. They created a cult following, and its pretty amazing. All from Steve Jobs garage. Wow. 

Makes me think- we all have an ability to make an impact on the world. Sure, more than likely not a world-renown company that changes the culture of the face of the earth- but we all have some ability to make an impact. 

I was thinking about that yesterday when I was at a funeral- everyone dies and everyone leaves some sort of legacy- the question is- what kind?

Every single day you have an opportunity to impact the world around you. You have the chance to love on people and encourage them. You can make a difference in peoples lives simply by being a friend to them. You don't have to invent a million dollar product to leave a mark. Make a difference in one persons life and you leave a mark. 

Be encouraged with that today. Make a decision to leave a mark on this world through relationships. Love people relentlessly and you'll leave an impact that really matters to the world. Just because everyone in the world doesn't know you doesn't mean you don't matter. 

You matter. Love people and leave a legacy. 

be blessed
pastor matt

Posted via email from Faith and Victory Church Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment