Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What About Those Protesters Anyway?

Have you been watching or reading the news? There are some protests that are going on in the United States right now. I'm not exactly sure what they protests are about, but from what I can tell, it has something to do with money. There are large groups of people that are protesting against other people that have money, and asking them to give their money away. 

They are saying that 1% controls all the money and the other 99% don't have it, so they want it. At least that's what I seem to get out of that whole thing. I'm not exactly sure what they are expecting. Should the billionaires walk out into the street and give cash away, then the people will go home? Then what?

I am sure that some people that will read this blog today will challenge my commentary and declare on moral grounds, that the protesters are right, and that for me to stand up for the rich, I am a conservative right wing whacko. 

Save it. I'm not standing up for either of them. 

Take either side of this 'argument' and you can declare that there is stream of greed. One side has it, the other wants it. Wikipedia defines greed as "an excessive desire to possess wealth, goods, or abstract things of value with the intention to keep it for one's self."

That sounds to me like the definition fits for the nameless people who are sitting there counting their billions, and the people who are standing outside holding a sign. The intention is to keep it for themselves = greed. 

In the book of Proverbs, I found this verse-  Proverbs 28:25 A greedy man stirs up dissension, but he who trusts in the Lord will prosper.

That is my take on this whole thing. I can appreciate that are times that protesting can influence cultural change, and that it has produced results in the past, but when it comes to money, you can say whatever you want- it always comes down to greed.

We are not to trust anyone else but God for our provision. Sure, have a job, get a job, work, but realize that the only way to prosper in this world is to continually trust in God. 

Are you a person who is greedy? Do you complain about what you do not have? Learn to trust God with your provision. Do not waste your time worrying about what someone else has or someone trying to take what you have.

Spend more time trusting God and praying for His provision.  You will have less dissension and more prosperity. 

Be blessed
pastor matt

Posted via email from Faith and Victory Church Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment