Tuesday, September 9, 2008

OK So its sinking in.

I'm going to Ghana in 2 weeks. Its sinking in a bit. Since I was deployed twice while in the Army, it kinda feels like that. Maybe a little PTSD or something. Last time I left my family is was for a year in Egypt. I know it wont be that long, I guess what makes this so different is that I wont have my M16 or the might of the US Military in my back pocket. The good news is that I have the creator of the Universe on my side. I've got John 3:16 which packs a much bigger wallop.

Its going to be good. God is going to use this as a defining moment in my life I'm sure.

Its kinda like that quote from the movie Armageddon when Owen Wilson is about to be launched into space. He says something like "its like I'm 90 percent excited and 10 percent scared, or maybe its the other way around.. I guess thats what makes it so intense!". I'm not sure which is which, but I am feeling it at this point.

More to come. Pray for Corb, Pastor Ong and I as we travel.

much love
matt

No comments:

Post a Comment