Friday, December 12, 2008

Let it snow let it snow let it snow

Am I the only one who loves snow? I understand its wet and cold and all that, but man, I love that stuff.

Here in Seattle we're facing a "winter storm" for this weekend. Usually that means go out and buy some chains, salt, and a snow shovel and then sit back and watch it rain. They never forecast the snow right around here. Usually when they say it wont, it does and when they say it will, it usually never does.

Never the less, I still believe! I went out last night and bought some toboggans for the kids and I am expectantly waiting for it to snow. I can't wait to slide in it, toss snowballs, watch the kids play and run. There's something just so magical about snow at Christmas time!

I can hear the cynics right now: "whats the use of getting excited, its not even snowing yet" or "how often have we got our hopes up and nothing happened". What is interesting is that its usually those same cynical people who love to pop other hope balloons that you may be carrying around.

It happens even in Christian circles. You may be excited about something that the Lord is doing in your life, or expectantly waiting for a prayer to be answered, whatever. And inevitably someone comes along and sees you excited about something and they come along and "Pop"! They just take away all that joy you just had for whatever it was you were hoping for.

Why do they have to be that way? Do they think that they are helping someone out by "keeping it real" or "just letting it all hang out"? I like to hope. I like to dream. I like to expect great and exciting things to happen. Even if it doesn't, its sometimes just as exciting to visualize it happening. I refuse to let people dictate my happiness and what they think should happen. Just because they don't get excited doesn't mean that i cant get excited right?

Are you a person who pops balloons? Stop. Are you a person who is afraid to get excited about something that may happen? Get excited! Have faith that God will do it and wait, with a spirit of expectancy!You'll be amazed at what could happen when you do this.

God's best to you today! Have a spirit of expectancy!

matt

1 comment:

  1. Matt,
    I just have to let you know - I truly love reading your blogs. I always take something from them and they are always so uplifting. I often share them with whomever is in the room with me when I am reading them and everyone else has enjoyed them too. Keep em coming. Looking forward to the next one. Love to you and the family.
    Mykal

    ReplyDelete