Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Open Letter To Harold Camping

Dear Mr. Camping

I heard this morning that you changed your prediction for the end of the world to now arrive on October 21st 2011. 

Would you please stop making predictions about the rapture? You have got your predictions wrong before this past week, and I think at this point you should remove yourself from doomsday prophecy predicting and move onto something else. 

Its pretty clear this isn't your gifting. 

Here's the problem I have Mr. Camping- I'm not doubting that you have faith in Jesus Christ. Obviously you do. My issue is that for a lot of people in America you have now become a point of ridicule that are making the majority of us Christians who are not like you look really dumb. While the majority of us do not agree with you, because you are getting so much press, people are putting us in the same group as you. I share your faith in Jesus, but not your prediction. 

I know you love the Lord Mr. Camping, but at this point, I think a better approach would be to warn people that the rapture is going to happen "eventually" or "at any time" or "when you least expect it". This approach would remind people about the impending arrival of our savior and would probably produce the effect that you are looking for- a turning towards God. 

I can appreciate that you want to narrow it down to an exact date, but I want to remind you what Jesus said "no one knows the day or the hour", so I think that probably includes all of us, doesn't it?

You're getting old. You're like 80 something now, aren't you? The good news is that you're going to be with Jesus soon anyway, even if the rapture doesn't happen in the next few years. I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying that you'll be seeing Jesus pretty soon anyway, so you shouldn't fret about it. 

Well, hope this didn't come across too harshly. I was trying to be nice. Trying to protect the faith of the scores of good Christian people on this earth who truly love the Lord, believe in the rapture, but understand that they can't predict when it will happen. 

Have a blessed day. Remember- NO MORE PREDICTIONS. 

Pastor Matt Krachunis
Faith and Victory Church Auburn Wa

Posted via email from Faith and Victory Church Blog

1 comment: