Friday, May 6, 2011

What My Momma Taught Me

Its mothers day this weekend, so I thought I'd share a few things that my momma taught me. I grew up with my mom and brother from the time I was about 3, and well, young boys left to their own devices can learn a lot directly and indirectly from their mom.

So what did I learn from my mom?

1. When applied to the tooth brush, liquid soap will remind you if a cuss word spoken much longer than if the bar is used.

2. No matter what you may think, if you get close enough, and breathe through your nose deeply enough, you can always tell if someone has been smoking.

3. Not all people who you think are your friends, are.

4. Breakfast in bed makes every birthday special.

5. If you start going after your child immediately to discipline them, you can go up a flight of stairs faster than a teenager.

6. Hamburger can be prepared more ways than you can count.

7. Trying to be 'cool' never works.

8. No matter how big of a fight, if you don't kiss and hug before you go to school, you'll have a bad day.

9. Everyone who is in the house at bedtime gets a hug goodnight.

10. Everyone gets hugged into the house and as they leave.

11. It doesn't matter how much money you have, if you're loving your family and other people you'll feel rich every day.

12. No matter what, go to church every Sunday.

13. Giving stuff away to people is better than keeping it.

14. A compliment kept to yourself is wasted.

15. Presents don't make the day- presence makes the day.

I love you Mom! You're the best mom in the world. Thanks for believing in me.

Happy Mothers day! Be blessed

Pastor matt
Sent from my BlackBerry- sorry if its brief...have you tried to type on a small keyboard?
www.faithandvictory.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey Matt, that's an awesome list. Your mom is an exceptional person who raised some special boys... all by herself. Cindy is one strong woman who is wise in the ways of the world, and it shows in you and Marc.

    Mike Morgan

    ReplyDelete