Thursday, June 2, 2011

Do You Have HD Vision? I do! (Check out the pic)

Hdbaby

On  Tuesday, I had to go to Office Depot and redeem my 17 dollar rewards card. It expired on the 31st, so I had to use it before then. Walking around Office Depot with 17 dollars to spend isn't that exciting. There really isn't much 'fun' stuff to buy that isn't paper or pencils. I was going to buy a new Blackberry cover, then I looked at some cheap software, then I looked at some headphones. Nothing really seemed worth it. 

Then I found the "as seen on TV" section. There was some pretty good stuff there. Click lights, Topsy Turvy's, foot washing slippers. I don't know why all this stuff was in Office Depot, but on the shelf were these slick HD Sunglasses. 

I'm not sure if you've seen the infomercials about HD Glasses, this video isn't the exact product I bought, but its pretty much the same- 
 When I watch videos like that I am totally excited to get a product like that. I want to see better. I want things to be in HD. I wan't to be part of the 'in' crowd. If all it takes is a pair of glasses to be cool, I'm buying them. 

So I buy the 10 dollars glasses, get in my truck and start to drive. I'm thinking that by wearing these I'm going to feel like I'm driving the time machine from Back 2 the Future or something. But the truth is that they just feel like sunglasses. Regular old sunglasses. 

Somehow, I think I've been duped.

How did I get duped? Because I believed someone's emotionally laden plea to buy their product. I actually thought that what they were selling would change my vision, when in actuality, they were just regular ol' sunglasses. They are nice, but not that nice. I believed what they told me instead of figuring it out for myself. 

Here's what I was thinking about my sunglasses- how pointless is it that we are so concerned with sunglasses when there are so many people that are spiritually blind. Spiritual blindness is much different than regular blindness in that most people who are spiritually blind, don't even know that they are blind. Even worse, they think they can see, which is even worse. 

Spiritual clarity is far more important than HD vision. 

How do we gain spiritual clarity? Read the the Bible. When we spend time reading the good book we find out what it says, and the Holy Spirit reveals what it means. Through doing that, we find that our vision of what the world is and what it should be about changes. We find that how we are supposed to see the world may not be how we thought before, but through God's HD glasses of the word, we can. 

Do you have the HD Jesus vision? Do you have spiritual clarity? If not, for only free ninety free you can get it in the Word of God. 

Read the book, and you'll get some slick HD vision. 

be blessed.
pastor matt

Posted via email from Faith and Victory Church Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment