Friday, November 5, 2010

Could You Give Up Showering?

Could you give up taking a shower everyday? I know some people who do that already, but that's not for me. I absolutely love to shower. I look forward to it in fact. I don't know what it is, I just feel more human after taking a nice hot shower with a bunch of soap. It's the best.
 
Interesting story out of the UK about not taking a shower http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/nov/02/give-up-washing-showering . The article talks about how some people, in order to help the environment, are foregoing the daily shower. Apparently its supposed to have some long lasting impact on the environment, if you shower less.
 
I'm not so sure about it. Here's the indirect impact on the environment if people don't shower that I think they may have missed.
 
1. Depleted ozone from the stank above your head.
 
2. Driving around looking for different friends who don't care if you stank.
 
3. Taking a longer shower on the second day, washing off your stank.
 
4. Other people having to shower after being around you and your stank.
 
I'm a clean freak. I can't stand bad odors. I can't find a Biblical reference for the daily shower, but there is something ungodly about being stinky. I know there is. Shower up.
 
If these people really want to change the world, I've got some things they can stop doing that will have a greater impact on the world than not showering. Here's a few-
 
1. Stop cutting me off in traffic.
 
2. Stop honking at me if I'm not moving fast enough through the parking lot.
 
3. Stop saying mean things.
 
4. Stop doing mean things.
 
5. Stop talking bad about people.
 
Simple things, but I think they will have a better impact on the world than less showering. There are things you shouldn't do, and there are things you should do. You need to shower.
 
Here's the deal- I know that there are people in this world that want to help people and the world, but the reality is that it is the relational aspects of this world that are ruining our planet. I'm no eco-terrorist, I can appreciate taking care of the environment, I'm just a bit more concerned with how people treat people. If the world focused on that instead of the eradication of the Wheat Weevil, I think we could change the world a bit more.
 
Here's what I recommend- continue to shower, but find other things in your life that you can cut out that will help the world. Cut out a drive, recycle a bit, do something. But most importantly, find some ways to take some of the negative relational things out of your life that are hurting other people. Work on that.
 
Be blessed
pastor matt
 
be blessed
pastor matt

Posted via email from Faith and Victory Church Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment