Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'm Going to Wash My Friend's Mom's Car

For a while now, I've really wanted to get one of my sermons typed out and get a transcript of it. I found out that my friend's mother does transcription, so I thought that would be a good connection for me to get it done. I asked him about connecting his mom and I, and he wouldn't give me her phone number and said he would take care of it.
 
Here's the problem with my friend- he has been known to drag his feet on stuff, so after constant prodding for the past few months, he still hadn't contacted his mom for me. Finally, about a week ago, he said that he talked to her, and told her that I would detail her car for her, if she would do a transcript.
 
This was not true. I told him I would pay her to do it, not detail her car. My suspicion was that my friend was trying to get me to wash her car for his satisfaction of knowing I would be vacuuming out his mom's car, and less about what she wanted. I know his mom. She's a great lady. I challenged him on it, told him I wanted to speak with her on my own, but he wouldn't give me her number.
 
I took matters in my own hand yesterday and friended her on Facebook, in hopes that we could connect about this small project. He found out that I had friended her through his mom and called me and told me she was going to deny my request.
 
Great. What have I got myself into this time? The friend deny from my friends mom? Am I losing my touch?
 
So later in the day, I get a Facebook message from his mom- and it says- "Chad told me that you would like for me to type up one of your sermons and I would be happy to. He said that you wanted to detail my car in return and that is wonderful.That is a very generous thing to offer. It means so much more than money. Let me know when you would like to come over and we can probably do them both at the same time."
 
Oh my heck. Now I'm in deep. What am I going to do? I don't want to detail any cars. I wanted to pay her.
 
I call my friend and tell him what the message says, and he asks me what I am going to do. "I guess I'm going to have to wash her car now, thanks to you". It was his fault. He told her that I would do it, and now I was going to have to do it. "it means so much more than money". Yeesh. How can I go back on that?
 
"Gotcha!" He says over the phone. He hacked his mom's account and wrote the message. She said she would do it for free.
 
That guy. He thinks he's so funny. I'm going to get him back. I'm not sure how or when, but I'm going to get him.
 
I was laughing uncontrollably over the phone last night when he told me. He got me good. Laughter really is good medicine as Proverbs 17:22 says. It was a good laugh.
 
Here's the problem- some people take life way to seriously. They can't find the humor in anything. They don't laugh and joke or have any fun. Now, would I always reccomend laughing at someone else's expense? No, but laughing at life? Yes. Laughing is fun.
 
When is the last time you laughed hard? So hard your sides hurt? The Bible is true. A cheerful heart is good medicine. Laughing is good for your soul. Look for something to laugh at today. Find the humor in something. Choose to laugh. Even if it is at your own expense.
 
be blessed
pastor matt


Posted via email from Faith and Victory Church Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment