Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Have I Told You How Much I love Disneyland?

I love Disneyland. Have I told you this before? I can't fully explain it, but for some reason, I love 6 dollar churros and waiting in line. It makes me feel connected to the world around me.
 
Truth is, I've learned a bit about the world through my Disney experience. What they do there, is special. They are perfect 100% of the time. Every employee has been trained to make every single persons experience great when they go there. I've never had a bad time at Disneyland.
 
There's a lot of reasons why they do so well, but one of the biggest reasons I think they excel is the words they use. They choose their words very wisely.
 
Its not customer, its "guest".
 
Its not a great time, its a "magical experience".
 
Its not a ticket, its a "passport".
 
Its not an employee, its a "cast member".
 
Disneyland's mission is to take you from your every day life to a different experience that you'll remember and want to experience again. Sure, they are a profit making monster, but I truly believe that at the core, good ol' Walt wanted to create an experience, and he understood that it started with words.
 
We are a creation of words. Its what sets us apart from the animals. We have the ability to be able to communicate through spoken and written and what words we use matter.
 
Do watch the words you say throughout the day? Are they painting the picture that you want portrayed in your life?
 
Are you really dying of hunger? or just really hungry?
 
Does it always happen? or just seem to happen frequently?
 
Do they never do it? or does it seem to not happen as often as you would like?
 
Can you really not make it through the week? or do you just feel overwhelmed today?
 
Words matter. What we speak matters. If it didn't matter, we wouldn't be able to speak. We'd walk around grunting and motioning with our hands. But we don't do that, God gave us the gift of speech, and I believe he intends us to choose our words in a way that glorifies Him, and other people.
 
Proverbs 18:21 says that life and death are in the tongue, and that those who love it will eat of its fruit.
 
Are you choosing the right words? Are you watching what you say? Learn from Disneyland and the word of God this morning and try to describe your life they way it truly is. Watch what you say and how you say it. What you'll find is that your life will look differently because of the way that you describe it. You'll go from 'have to' to 'get to'.
 
Don't stay at a place, stay at a home.
 
Don't go to work, walk in your vocation.
 
Don't say "I can't" say, "I'm struggling".
 
Don't say "I'll never" say "currently I'm trying".
 
Watch what happens.
 
be blessed
pastor matt

Posted via email from Faith and Victory Church Blog

1 comment:

  1. That may have been my favorite blog that you've written! (and I enjoy all of your blogs) Great word!

    ReplyDelete