Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bye Bye Ghana

We're leaving today. I havent packed yet, I wanted to write my final blog first.

First off, thank you to everyone who has been praying for us while we were here and reading this blog. I pray that it has been a blessing to you reading it.

its natural that as I'm about to go home that my mind would be transistioning to trying to process this experience. Its difficult to process while I am here, Im sure that more will come to me as the days pass.

First to say, this has been an amazing experience. I have been to bosnia, egypt, austraila and other places, and I must say that this has been the most pleasurable of all of them. Australia was nice, but it was really alot like america, so it wasnt as culturally significant.

here in Ghana, you are in a foriegn country, with different customs and people, but everything is in english and people speak english. What has been most exciting, is how NICE the people are. Overly nice and accepting. Its been great.

So, at this point, what can I take home from this experience

1. There are other Christians all over the world, and when you meet them, you can feel the immediate spiritual connection because they love the same Lord that you do.

2. God moves on all people in all areas. Sometimes Americans have the ablity to become very focused on their own surroundings, forgetting that God is doing miracuous things all over the world.

3. People who have less thirst for God more. To see the people here in the villages worshipping the Lord in spite of their circumstance can frustrate you when you think of the people of american who live so much better than these people and still find ways to complain. Most of us still eat 3 times a day

4. God blesses obedience. I really didnt know what to expect when i came here, but God did move. not only in the services, but in my own heart. I am challenged by the people in Ghana's thirst for God.

5. Jesus still saves. We were at a home group last night full of Lebanese people who were realativley new converts. I have met adult people who were atheist, buddhist, and musilm who have come to know the saving grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ. I think sometimes Christians 'write people off' because they dont think God can affect these people, but I have learned that when you pray and believe God moves on peoples hearts. its awesome!

6. You can live without TV. I havent watched a lick since I've been here. Havent missed it at all. My life has actually been easier without it.

7. You can live without a cell phone.

8. you can live without AC

9. You can live on peanut butter and crackers for quite a few meals.

10. you can make lifelong friends in 14 days.

Love you all. Hope to talk to you when we get back. thanks again for the prayers. Say one more as we fly home tonight.

God Bless
matt and corb (and pastor ong in 1 more week)

1 comment:

  1. how wonderful!!! I enjoyed every word!! It made me feel like I was there with you guys.

    Ghana is known for its "Akwabaa" spirit- "Welcoming" spirit!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete