Friday, October 17, 2008

God is Good

I want to share something with you that happened today. Actually it happened earlier this week.

Another Pastor from Auburn called me out of the blue and wanted to come down to our church and pray with Crystal and I.

I'm sure for you its quite normal for pastors to get together and pray, but to be honest, pastors dont get together alot to pray. I'm sure its for a number of reasons, but I think its mostly becasue alot of pastors see other churches as 'competition'. Its really not good to have that mindset, but in all acuality alot of pastors do have that mindset.

So he called, and we met with him today, and it appears as though he's going through a few bumps at his church, and the Lord layed it on his heart to call us as come and pray for our church to prosper and grow! PRAISE GOD!

I dont think that most people have this mentality when something goes sideways in thier life, and its this: I've got to worry about my life, my circumstance, not anyone else right now. This should not be so. Its during times of crisis and uncertainty that we have the greatest opportunity to bless someone else. In some ways, its like giving the devil a blackeye! We were very blessed by him and his prayers. it was great.


So go and bless someone today in spite of your circumstance.

On another note. I got a new pair of slippers today! Seems like a small blessing, but to me its huge. i've been looking for this specific Dr. Scholls memory foam slippers, and today i found them! man, I can't wait to watch some football in these bad boys!

blessings
matt

ps. throw a few comments. i'd like to see who's on this blog thing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm here Pastor Matt, I'm here! Thanks for sharing that event with us... it's a GREAT reminder to really step outside of yourself in times of trials and just "press on" in the Lord. Like how you mentioned how it give the devil a "black eye." Never thought it of that way before. Thanks!

    Blessings (even the comfy cozy kind),

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep 'em coming dude!!!! I'm enjoying your blog. Miss ya dude. I really enjoyed the Ghana blogs. I was looking for a new blog everyday while you were there.

    Double B

    ReplyDelete