Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Krispy Kreme Donuts- The Manna From Heaven PICTURE INCLUDED

If you've read my blog, or know me at all, you know I have a deep love for donuts. Big or small, I love them all.

When I was in the Army, I had a friend that was from the east coast who told me about the best donuts in the world, at this place called Krispy Kreme. Of course I hadn't ever heard of it before, but while I was living in Texas, they opened one in Austin.

I still remember the day that Crystal and I drove for an hour to Austin just to go eat a donut there. Man, were they good. When you get a KK when the hot light is on, its simply glorious. Its indescribable actually, the only way you can understand what a fresh glazed KK donut tastes like, you have to get one.

This week, I got a blessing in the mail. My friend, Mark Naron,(who owns FastBack Studios if you need a recording studio)happened upon a wonderfully made Krispy Kreme Donuts sweatshirt, that when he saw it, he immediately thought of me.

I'm not sure if that's good, or bad that he sees donuts and thinks of me, but it sure is nice that he did think of me and took the time to UPS me the sweatshirt. The only thing he wanted was for me to write a blog that had some spiritual significance in regards to donuts. Too easy.

1. God sent 'bread from heaven' to the Israelites while they were roaming in the desert to feed them. When you eat the bread of the donut, thank God that you didn't have to roam in the desert for 40 years.

2. Jesus described himself as the "bread from heaven". Each time you eat a scrumptious donut, remind yourself how wonderful it is that God sent us 'bread from heaven' in Jesus Christ.

3. Jesus told his disciples to take bread and break it in remembrance of him. When you eat a donut, tear it in half before you eat it in remembrance of the Savior.

I could go on, but here's the most important one-

4. Donuts are Holey. Obviously from heaven.

So, thanks for the sweatshirt Mark. I'll be up in Seattle on Friday, and will be sure to stop by the Krispy Kreme and enjoy a donut and think of how great God is, and how nice you are.

Have a blessed day.

matt

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha, love this blog (and the sweatshirt of course) Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truely are one of the goofiest guys I know with the most wonderful heart for Jesus and people (especially your young life boys hehehe )

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a crackup! Life sure is easier with humor, "donut" you think so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have shared this on my FB... it was tooo delicious to pass up! As a KKaholic, I fully comprehend your message. ♥

    ReplyDelete