Friday, October 2, 2009

Late Blog Better Than No Blog

I woke up at 445 this morning. I knew I was going to have a busy day, but I didn't think it was going to work out like this.

Our worship leader just got married and was leaving for her honeymoon today, and as it would happen, they had their grandparents that were staying with them that were leaving also. They were all on the same flight. So, I figured it would be a great day to break in the SUV, so I got to their house at 515 to drive them there.

It went fine, and I made it to my next time, which was 615 to pick up some kids for a Young Life bible study I do on Friday mornings at 630. I got done with that, and went home to take the kids to school.

Here's where the wrench comes- Crystal was going out of town this weekend with my mom, and was going to drive to Seattle in our little truck and leave and drive back Sunday. But since I wanted to drive my SUV a bit more, I volunteered to drive her up there and then my mom would bring her back Sunday.

I called my friend to stop by and say hello, and 2 hours later I'm pulling out of Starbucks on my way back to Covington. I already was late. I didn't have time, but we decided since I was already behind the 8ball we would go to Dick's Drive-in and get a quick burger before I left Seattle.

I just got home. I only have til 230 and then I got to get the kids from school. I thought 6 hours was a lot more time. How does my wife get so much done during those 6 hours every day? I'm glad she's only going to be gone for the weekend. I'm gonna miss her.

The significance? The nugget? I didn't get one thing done today that I wanted too. But my friend that I had coffee with for 2 hours in Seattle really needed to talk.

We had some great fellowship. And to me, it shouldn't matter that I didn't get done what I wanted to today. God had a plan. He needed me to be there for that conversation. It blessed both of us.

Have a great weekend. Talk to you Tuesday

matt

No comments:

Post a Comment