Thursday, October 8, 2009

One Mistake You Don't Want to Make If you're a Pirate

Picture this- you're a pirate. You've donned your tri-corned skull and bones cap, thrown in a gold earring, and pulled on your boots. You put on yer eye patch, grab your weapon of choice, and set out to pillage and attack an un-suspecting vessel.

Here's something you want to remember if you are starting a career of a pirate- don't choose a naval warship as your target. Usually naval warships are able to thwart the attack of a few rag-tag pirates.

You would think that these pirates from Somalia would have thought about this. You can read the article here.

I was thinking about those pirates this morning and thinking- man, I've made some pretty poor decisions in my own life, but not one like that. I thought, "man, if I were a pirate, I wouldn't attack a navy boat". But then I thought, the problem with the pirates is the same issue that I have- sometimes I don't think things through all the way.

That's the real issue here. For the pirates, and for us. We need to be people that think things through and count the cost. Haven't we all made the mistake of not thinking something through? And then suffering the repercussions of that poor decision?

Here's the great part- I'm pretty sure that you're not a pirate and I'm not a pirate although at times I be talkin' like a one... arrr.... be ye warned says I, or ye be findin' yerself in Davy Jones locker ye landlubber.... arrr. Anyway, back to the great part.

These pirates can serve as an example to us today- think through what you are doing. Take the time to count the cost. God loves you and desires great things for your life, but we can mess those things up if we choose to make poor decisions that can have lasting ramifications.

Don't be a pirate. Think things through.

Be blessed
matt

2 comments:

  1. Maybe they did think things through, the attacked a French ship after all! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have pirate day here at work, I wonder if I should tell them to think things through? I may face walking the plank if I did that. I better think that through...

    ReplyDelete