Thursday, November 5, 2009

Its Never Too Late To Do It.

I got a call from a friend of mine from High School yesterday. We weren't the closest of friends in High School, but we knew each other well, and spent some time together while in school.

We lost touch after high school, and didn't reconnect until the Facebook craze hit a few years ago.

Its been nice getting re-acquainted on FB, and seeing each others families and staying in touch. Earlier this year, we were able to connect at a Mariners game because we were both face booking while we were on FB, on our phones. How fun is that?

I got a call from them yesterday. They wanted to share with me that they had been baptised at their church, and given their life to Jesus.

It was the greatest honor that they had called me from Spokane to share with me what had happened. I was so encouraged by the call. It was great to hear what had happened, and what an impact it is having on their life.

"you finally understand why everyone thought I was a weirdo in High School now don't you?" I said, over the phone.

"Yeah, the peace I have right now is indescribable." They said. " I guess its one of those things that until you experience it, you can't understand it or explain it".

I was in tears. To see a Friend of mine that I have known since high school grow spiritually is an exciting thing, and here is why- most adults don't open themselves up to the things of God. Any church statistic guy will tell you that if you don't impact them by High School, there is little hope for change.

I, on the other hand disagree. God is still in the business of changing lives. He still moves the hearts of many, and saves the souls of all who would accept his free gift.

If you've got someone in your life that you're hoping to come to Christ, keep praying. If you don't know God at this point, don't be afraid to find out what its all about.

He still moves.

Be blessed

matt

3 comments:

  1. This is one of your best,I'm sure it is hanging on God's fridge in heaven and I don't think it is written any differnt. What a great word thanks for sharing Pastor Matt. Bless you and yours. your friend Pasquale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Matt....Thank you! I know God reconnected us after all these years for a reason. Originally I had started this journey looking for my place as one of God's children because I felt something missing from my life. I also knew I wanted my children to learn about God and establish a relationship with Him at an early age. I never expected to be saved like I was, and praise God for His glory and salvation. I am at such peace and just have such clarity now I know I am here strictly to serve Him.
    Call us - we would love to see you guys over Thanksgiving.
    Your sister in Christ,
    Carly

    ReplyDelete