Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Would You Rather Pay 80 Dollars? Or 21?

Crystal and I go to the gym together. Usually, we try to go at least 3 days a week together. Its fun to go together, and an encouragement for me, when I don't feel like going, because she will always go.

Yesterday, we drove up to our gym, and the parking lot was completely empty except for one car. As we drove up, I recall saying "this doesn't look good". As we drove up the door, the lady from the front desk of the gym came out and shared with us that our membership at that gym had been bought up by the gym across the street.

It wasn't exactly what we were expecting for a Monday morning. We liked that gym. It was a great place to work out.

I have to be honest though. When I had the choice between the two gyms, I really wanted to join the other one, not the one I joined. The other gym has a pool, a sport court, a lot more machines, and a lot more room in general. In addition, they had a lot more price too. To join that other gym was about 35 dollars a month, the one I joined was 20 dollars a month.

Here's where it gets fun. About 6 weeks ago, after Crystal had joined and we were paying about 40 dollars a month for the both of us, they were running a special. If we paid 200 dollars, they would reduce the price of our membership to 21 dollars a month for the both of us, with no price increase for life. Great deal that got even better when that new gym bought our membership- they are going to honor that price at the new gym.

Are you doing the math? We're now members of the gym that I really wanted to join originally, for about 75% less than what we should be actually paying. We should be paying 80 bucks and we're paying 21.

Well, you know me. Praise the LORD! How awesome is it that this happened? Am I going to go so far as to say that the Lord of the universe brokered a huge business deal just so his son and daughter could get the desires of their heart for a reduced rate? No, I wont say that he DID, but I will say that He COULD have.

Why do I believe that? Because I know that God loves me. I like what Jesus said in the book of Matthew "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

That's a great verse. It shares the true heart of God is that he likes to bless people. And yesterday, Crystal and I got a huge blessing in the form of a reduced price gym membership.

Look for these blessings in your own life. Realize that the Lord is looking for ways to bless you, and if you look for them, you will see them. He's trying ever means possible to bless you and tell you that He loves you.

Be blessed today
matt

No comments:

Post a Comment