Tuesday, November 3, 2009

This Might Be The Craziest Thing I've Done

Some people think I'm a little bit different. I don't really classify myself as a guy who marches the the beat of a different drum. I would probably classify myself as more of a person who is not afraid to do something that other people wouldn't do over the fear of looking stupid.

Why is that? I'm not exactly sure, but I think it probably rests somewhere in my mind between the adrenaline rush of doing something different, and the fear of long-term regret for not doing something.

Let's look at the facts- I joined the US army without discussing it with people. I met and married my wife of 11 years in 5 months time. She and I and 2 families started a church in a school 6 years ago. I quit a job where I was making six figures to go full time in the ministry.

I've been doing the crazy thing for a while.

Here's the quickest way I can describe what I'm currently doing- as of Sunday, I have asked four people to donate $18 dollars to go towards a 1.2 Million dollar building that our church wants to buy. I also asked them to find 4 more people to give $18 who will ask four more and so on. This will go down to the 8th level and raise 1.5 million dollars in 8 days.

I know. Its crazy. Its not normal, but like most other things in my life, if I've prayed about it, I feel the Lord is prompting me to do it, I'm going to do it and not worry about it.

Crazy eh? You can check out the whole thing on our website- here. It outlines how it works, and why we're doing it.

As of last night, the goal was to be at $320 dollars. We were at $320.03. If the daily goal indicator is a sign of the process working, it appears as though it may be moving the right direction. Awesome.

Why am I sharing this with you my blog readers? Of course it is always to prove a point from scripture that can bless you in some way.

At the top of that web page you'll see a scripture. 2 Cor 5:13 If we are out of our mind, it is for the sake of God. I think its a great scripture for this endeavor. And for you also. What's the application? You can do crazy things that are of God, and not of God. You can do things that are out of the ordinary that bless no one, or don't even get close to honoring God.

But if you are doing something for the sake of the Gospel, and people perceive that you are out of your mind, its okay. God will honor you for putting yourself out there and bless you for it.

Most people think you're out there anyway. Just do something for the Lord and really throw them for a loop.

Be blessed.
Matt

ps. If you want to be a 'crazy person' with this, send me an email and I'll share with you how it works.

3 comments:

  1. Thats why I liked you so much. You were a adventureous and a great leader. May the Lord bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go Pastor Matt! Remember the will of God will never take you where the grace of God cannot keep you! Here are some quoates to ponder and believe on,hope you and those that read this draw strength from them. #1 For success,attitude is as equally as important as ability!#2 Success is a ladder you cannot climb with your hands in your pockets! #3 Anything unattempted remains impossible!#4 Being willing makes you able!We can't controll the wind but we sure can set our sails with the Lord God Almighty!Count us in and (LET NOT THE HEATHEN SAY,WHERE IS YOUR GOD!) All our FAITH,LOVE,and PRAYERS are with you and Faith and Victory Pastor Matt and Crystal! Your friend and brother in Christ Jesus Mark G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We believe in Jesus, and thusly believe in you...We KNOW SUCCESS is in his hands and his hands are all over you and your beautiful wife.
    This is an answer to prayers from 10 years ago.GG

    ReplyDelete