Thursday, November 19, 2009

Spend Your Time With Positive People

I used to work for a Fortune 500 company from about 2004-2007. It was a great job and I had a ton of fun working there. I probably would have stayed a lot longer had I not been called into full-time ministry. While I was there, I met a lot of great people who have become lifelong friends.

One of these guys is named Anthony. He lives in Spokane. While I was working at the old company, he and I would talk on the phone periodically and encourage one another in our job, and talk about our shared challenges. When I would travel to the area to visit family, he and I would go and get some breakfast together.

Now we talk on the phone on average about once a week. I have to tell you, this guy Anthony is one of the most encouraging guys that I know. He bleeds positivity and passion. When you're around this guy you can't help but smile and feel better about yourself. I am so glad that he's my friend.

Yesterday he really had some encouragement over the phone for me. He just called to, as I like to say, "love on me". Am I being self-centered here? No, I'm being honest. I like it when positive people call me and encourage me. It makes me feel valued and prompts me to continue to do great things in my life. It spurs me to good works. I really appreciated the call.

Thanks Anthony.

Here's a part of my life that you may not know- I have a rather large contingent of positive people that stay in constant contact with. From Seaside California to Pennsylvania, From DC to Tupelo Mississippi and all points in between. I have figured out that the more positive people that I have in my life, the happier I am and the more I get accomplished.

Who do you surround yourself with? Who do you have in your life that is positive and encourages you to be a better you? I'm not talking about people who just tell you what you want to hear, but those people who know your best and your worst. The people who love you no matter what and challenge you to be the best you that you can be.

If you don't have at least 5, start looking for them. Call them and encourage them to be all they can be, and watch what happens. Your life will be filled with a richness and vitality that you may have never experienced before. Your life will become a conduit of God's love and encouragement to all those around you and you'll reap the benefits of it.

Be blessed today
Matt

ps. Yes I love all my other positive people too! Today was just about Anthony!!! (especially you Chad- I know you're going to call me and say "what's up with that?")

1 comment:

  1. Life is to short to be negative...Love you bunches, GG

    ReplyDelete