Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Crawling Through The Window For a Fish Sandwich

Here we go again- I agree that truth is sometimes stranger than fiction. Here's a news story about a guy at a McDonalds in New York that crawled through the drive up window because they were not making his filet-o-fish fast enough. You can read the story here.

Pretty amazing if you think about it. The type of athleticism that it would require to be able to crawl out of the window of your car, and into a drive up window is actually quite impressive. I don't think I would have an easy time even crawling out of my car window, but to make the transition through the drive up window- quite athletic.

I wonder what that guy was thinking- first off what was his thinking ordering a fish sandwich at 430am? Secondly, what would it take to bring someone to get so angry that they would be willing to do this, and finally, I wonder what he thought after his anger subsided and he was left with scrapes on his belly, a warrant out for his arrest, and his measly fish sandwich.

We've all done it- got so angry that we made an utter and complete fool of ourselves. It usually over something trivial or pointless. I'm yet to get angry at a purse snatcher or belligerent parishioner. My over the top outbursts of anger are usually about something my kids did, or some mistake I made. Its rarely anything anyone else would be upset about.

Here's what I think probably happened though- that guy was probably upset long before he got to that window. Before he even woke up that morning that dude had probably been angry for a really long time, about alot of things. I'm sure he didn't wake up that morning and think that he was going to go off on the McDonalds worker who didn't make his sandwich fast enough.

Here's the nugget for the day- don't jump through a drive up window if they are late on your order. Also, pay attention to how angry you are about things before you blow up. Spend some time in prayer and talk to God about the things that you are angry about and let it out before you blow up on someone.

The last thing you want to do is "lose it" at the wrong time and end up getting some jail time.

Here's a great verse- Ephesians 4:26 "In your anger do not sin" : Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry. That's a great verse to remind us that we do get angry at times, but when we do, don't sin in that time. Make a conscious choice to not 'lose it' and learn to live another day.

Don't go through a window. Don't lose it. You can wait a bit longer for that fish sandwich.

Be blessed
matt

1 comment:

  1. Good word this morning! I am quick to anger and it is the one thing I wish I could "fix". I know through time and his guidance I can overcome this. This verse will be displayed all over the house, in my car and wherever I can see it to serve as a reminder because I truly want to glorify God by the things I do each day.

    ReplyDelete