Friday, January 15, 2010

Are You Ready For an Earthquake?

Obviously by now you're aware of the devastation of the earthquake that happened in Haiti. It has been utterly devastating to see the carnage that has ravaged that city. its horrible to see and think about what those people must be dealing with.

I've been thinking about what to write about in regards to the event and I've been struggling. There was a part of me that wanted to just let it go, and write about something completely unrelated. Another part of me wants to write about what we should all be doing to help them. I thought about discussing the political structure of Hispanola and its contribution to this event.

Here's what I've come up with-

1. There are countless ways to give money through national humanitarian organizations that are well equipped to immediately help. Find one and give what you can. No matter how small. Most Haitians live on 2 dollars a day.

2. Pray pray pray. God can move in the midst of this tragedy. In the lives of those who are helping on the ground, and the lives of the Haitian people. God didn't build those shoddy buildings, but he can rescue the people who lived in them.

3. As with most tragedy, my thoughts always drift back to my own situation. How prepared am I to take care of my family if there was a devastating event that took place? Would I be prepared with food, water, and basic necessities? I can learn from this to be prepared for whatever may come.

Heavy heart for me today. Thank God for where you are in light of what others may be dealing with today.

Be blessed
matt
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. God bless the people of Haiti. They are in my prayers and in my tears!

    ReplyDelete