Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Well Timed Email Message

I probably worry about more stuff than I ought to. I know. I'm a pastor, I should be leading the charge of faith, and on most things, most of the time, I do. But there are times when I allow myself to worry too much about stuff that I can't control, or things that really don't matter. I don't know where it comes from, there are just times when I am in worry mode.

Its faithless and fruitless to do it. I know. I shouldn't do it.

Yesterday, Crystal and I were sitting in the SUV, about to go into church and I was sharing with her something that I was worried about. Something I couldn't control. Something that was consuming my brain. I was telling her how I felt and how I wanted it to change.

As we were sitting there in the car, she was encouraging me to not worry, to not be upset, to allow God to move in that area. I know that stuff. I preach that stuff, but I guess even ol' Pastor Matt is not immune to the attacks of worry and doubt. I shouldn't be that way, but at times, it does rear its ugly head.

Here's what happened- as we were sitting there, my trusty BlackBerry went off, and I looked at the message. The message was a forward from someone in our church that was about trusting God in the midst of stuff. It was a message that basically said that God's way is not our way, and that we should allow him to do things in his time, in his way. It said to not worry.

Now some might chalk this up to chance or coincidence. Me? No way. To have a message come through at the exact time we were talking about it, can only draw one conclusion.

God will use whatever means necessary to ensure that we are getting his message. He wanted me to know last night to not worry about stuff too much. To not be concerned with the things I cannot control. To allow Him to move in His way. He sent me an email so I would know it.

I'm holding on to that message today. I'm casting my worries at the feet of Jesus today. I'm not going to carry them around and let them torment me today. Father, I trust you. I love you. I know you will take care of it.

Is there a worry you need to let go of today? Is there something that you need to stop worrying about? Don't allow the Devil to torment you with that worry. Don't allow it to consume you. Let go of it and watch how God will work it out. He wants you to know it, he'll even send you an email to make it clear.

Be blessed
matt

2 comments:

  1. Great message Matt. Thanks for doing this blog. I always look forward to it.

    Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very timely. Yes, I have a few things I need to let go and let God!

    ReplyDelete