Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I Was Half Way Right....

Some of you may remember a few months back when I proposed a means by which our church could secure a new meeting location. It was this great idea about people giving a few dollars, and finding more people to give a few bucks. It was a flawless plan that failed miserably. I thought that I had heard from God on it, and that we were to raise the money to get our church in there. I found out some interesting news this week. Another Church moved in there.

I'm going to be a bit honest, it stings a little bit. I guess I was half way right, God apparently did want a church in there, it just happens that it wasn't Faith and Victory Church. I'm not sure what the name of the church is, but I had two different people from our church who told me about it this week.

The good news is that the Good News is still going to be coming out of that building, its just a little bit frustrating that it wasn't our church.

I'm probably a bit too emotional over these types of things, but thank God I've got a wife who gives me perspective. Last night we were talking about this, and she kept telling me that it was okay. That God has something even better for us.

Here's the deal- there will always be times in our life when we must move forward to make a decision to try to discern if we are doing what God wants us to do. Its a painful process at times because doors of opportunity are often closed (or slammed and nailed) shut, and then we must deal with the emotional aftermath. We get ourselves worked up, and then nothing happens.

Have you ever had something that you thought was of God and it turned out it wasn't? Have you ever tried something and then failed? It can be a bit frustrating.

But here's the best thing that God give us in this scenarios- perspective. He gives us the opportunity to see the big picture and realize that His greater plan will always come to pass. He allows us to re frame our thoughts, rethink our view and move forward to the next opportunity. If that's you, join me today in this exercise, and honor God by allowing Him to have His way, and not ours.

Yeah, it stings a little. But I'll be OK. I realize that God is still God and that His will be accomplished. I don't want to be a Bruce Almighty yelling "My Will Be Done". Its His will. His plan. His Church. I'm still in love with Jesus.

Be Blessed
matt

1 comment: