Friday, January 8, 2010

I Love Perfect People!

I love perfect People

I’ve decided that from this point on, I’m only going to love and spend time with perfect people. People who look nice. People who smell nice. The kind of people who are going to make me feel good about who I am. People who validate Matt and make Matt feel special.

I’ve been looking around for some perfect people, and I think I may have found a few. There is this guy, who has a really swell job, who owns some snowmobiles. I think when he and I become friends that he’ll invite me to come and go out with him snowmobiling. Wouldn’t that be sweet if he had a cabin and invited my family and I to come stay over and then he could take us all out to a steak dinner?

Having a friend or someone to hang out with who was perfect would be sweet, because then, since he didn’t have any issues or problems, I could spend the bulk of our time together talking about my problems and issues. That way, I could get my emotional needs met, and feel better about my self.

I can picture it now, me and my perfect friend, out to dinner (that he paid for) driving in his sweet car, driving past all those nobody’s who don’t have a friend like I have.

Here’s what I think would happen- I would feel better about myself, and have more self value because people would see how cool he is, and how put together he is, and they would naturally assume that since he was so put together, he wouldn’t be spending time with anyone who wasn’t less than perfect.

People would never know how messed up I am, if I am only seen with perfect people.

An added bonus would be if he went to a perfect church that was full of perfect people. Not a bunch of people with struggles, who are trying to make it in this world, but a bunch of people that look like those people in the GAP commercials. Real pretty women and ruggedly handsome men. The kind of people that when you’re with them, you feel like you’re famous. That way, we could focus on the really important stuff like how we can look cooler together. I’m almost positive that those people have no problems. How could they? Look how great they look!

Well, I thought I would just pass this on to you as I’m going into the weekend. I’m done dealing with broken people who have issues. My main focus moving forward is to find perfect people to hang out with. My life will be so much easier. Fuller. Exciting. Meaningful. Cool.

I’m probably going to have trouble sleeping at night because I’ll be so happy.

Here’s the nugget for the day- go find some perfect friends. Hang out with them. Stay away from anyone who appears to have any sort of short-comings or issues. Those types of people will just bring you down. They aren’t the type of people that you want to be around. They might infect you with their mediocrity.

Or could I be wrong?

Blessings
matt

No comments:

Post a Comment