Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Big Click Day

Wow. Yesterday was an amazing day for the blog. We had double the amount of people who read it on a daily basis. I'm trying to figure out why that is. The last time that we had that kind of one day response was when we flipped the minivan. I'm curious what was so intriguing to the masses about me stating that I would quit the blog. Somehow, it was enough to get them to click the link, and spend some time reading it.

That's the most difficult part of writing this blog- relevance that people will read. I know, some of you will say that I should do this for myself and no one else, but I don't agree with that. I do this to bless other people, not myself.

In some ways though, I think you're a bit like me- we all want to think that what we're doing is making some sort of an impact. It takes a strong person to continue to do something that you feel is insignificant or pointless. I don't feel that way about the blog at all, although I do get encouraged when we have a day like we had yesterday, it shows that people care about this blog, and get something out of it. Thank you.

Here's the nugget for the day- stick with what God has called you to do for others regardless of the outcome. I know there is a human tendency to look for confirmation or affirmation, but the reality is that if what started you to do something was the prompting of the Lord to bless someone else, you should stick with it. Often the blessing of doing something is not in the outcome, it is in the process and commitment of the task.

Sure, you may not have a means to measure your impact as I do with the blog, but stick with whatever you're doing for others today. Don't give up. What you're doing matters and is making an impact. It has to, because He called you to it.

Bless you
matt

1 comment:

  1. Your blog always encourages me. I even talked about it in Bible Study!!!

    ReplyDelete