Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Think John Denver May Have Got It Right

That song- Sunshine on my shoulders. You remember the next line, don't you? MAKES ME HAPPY!!! Here in Seattle, we're in a 4 day "heat-wave" of consistent temperatures above 65 degrees. I know, you Texas blog readers are going to say something about how that that's a winters day, but up here, its a big change. We've been having such cold dreary weather up here, its nice to get some sunshine.

The family went to the Woodland Park Zoo yesterday to enjoy some of sun together, and it was wonderful. Everyone we met seem to be in a great mood, people were laughing and having a great time. It was great to be out and about just enjoying the sunshine.

Of course, in good Victory Blog fashion, I reflect on those days and think, "what's the application?- How can I use this in the blog?"

It hit me this morning. Here in Seattle, on the first of April, it snowed. I know, that's just a week or so ago. Its a huge change to go from 32 to 72 in the course of a week. The temperature and feeling of the people changed in a week. We have been in a cold dreary season for about 6 months.

The point? Sometimes we forget that things can turn around quickly in our lives. Yes, sometimes it takes a while for them to come to fruition, but eventually, they will turn around and turn around fast. Just like the weather. Things may change, but eventually, they turn around for the better. I'm not sure why, but it seems that God made it that way.

Is there an area of your life that you have been waiting for Victory? Something that you've been waiting for that you haven't received yet. Be encouraged. You may not know why things are the way that they are, but they will improve if you give them time. God wants good for your life. Be patient, it will arrive.

bless you
Matt

ps. here's a picture of an orangutan under a burlap sack. I thought you would think it was a funny picture from yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. Sunshine on my shouldersssss makes me sunburn. Sunshine in my eyesssss can make me blind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a picture, probably of that same oragutan, under the burlap, from today. Such a silly critter.

    ReplyDelete