Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Specific Blog For Specific Person.. is it you?

I am writing this blog for one person, but I think you can probably get something out of it also. I wont say who it is, lets just call him "Bryan". I wont say much about him, except he's a musician, who works in the mortgage industry, who was in the Army, who recently got engaged this weekend.

Yesterday, he brought it to my attention via facebook and a personal phone call that he didn't like ol' Pastor Matt taking the day off from writing the blog, because he didn't get his daily encouragement, so his day sitting in the office on the nicest day Seattle has seen in the last nine months apparently didn't equate to accomplishing much because of the lack of encouragement.

So here it is for you today my friend "Bryan":

Be encouraged. Today as you're deciding weather or not to make that phone call, make it. When you're challenged on whether to fill out that paper work, you dig in deep and get that pen movin'. When that phone rings, you answer it. And if you call someone and they don't pick up. Call them back. You keep calling them back until you get them.

Be encouraged that interest rates are at historic lows and that you are in an industry that is booming because everyone wants to refinance and save. Use this as a tool of encouragement. When everyone else is running away from other businesses, they are running towards yours. Welcome them. Help them. Refinance them. Do your God give duty to provide the best customer service in the world. Remember, when God created you he gave you the innate ability to get things done. You rock.

I believe in you friend. I am sorry that yesterday I let you down and took a day off. I will promise I will do it again, but here's what you can do- print this blog post out, fold it up, stick it in your pocket, and whenever you don't feel like you're getting it done. Read this blog. Read it over and over. Make it the center of your motivational universe and work harder than you've ever worked before.

There. Its not often that I write the blog for one person, but I figured I owed it to him. I don't to be the reason that the economic wheels of America stop turning!

be blessed today- and laugh a bit.
matt

ps. I love you "Bryan"- watch... he won't even read this today.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! I am inspired. I am a little bit jealous of Bryan, I think I will fill my own name in! What powerful words for him...he better read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Bryan" email me at ekrachunis@yahoo.com I am thinking about refinancing. :) Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pastor Matt for the encouragement. It is great to be in the financial services industry right now! People need what we have to offer. I have to admit I have been a little discouraged when I call people & they don't call me back. I will continue calling them until they tell me no. Dani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. This obviously isn't about me because Brian is a letter off... Is it sad that I felt under the weather and wasn't even going to read the blog today if it wasn't for the encouragement of my fiance and a Pastor? We'll call him TTAM. I am sending this to everyone in my office and will post it at my desk so that next time it's gorgeous out and I want an excuse to not work, I can pull it out and realize that making excuses for my own lack of motivation obviously affects other people. Love you Pastor. Great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Matt! I could have used this blog this morning for my dreary day of slowness and created some sales instead of just sitting there at my desk unmotivated. Even though this was an encouragement for "Bryan", it's an encouragement for me too. What a true blessing you are!

    ReplyDelete