Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Half Way Point- Did You Make The Report?

Morning! So today is the day of my 150th post for the blog, some of those posts are pre 2009, but this week is the half way point for the year, and I thought it would be fun to give you an update for the statistics for the blog. I thought you might find them interesting-

Here's the most glaring statistic of them all- on average, we're getting about 50 readers a day, which to me is a fantastic number. When I first started the blog, we were getting more of a 70+ number, so I'm not sure if I've gotten worse in my blogging? or people are getting busier are work.

So here's some numbers- Since January 2009

2,164 unique visitors
7,734 visits to the blog
12,190 pages visited
1:23 average time on blog
30 Different countries represented

Now here's the interesting part.. can you guess what the most read blog post was so far this year? Its, "I'm Building a shoe rack". How funny is that, its indexed pretty well on google, so when you type in something like "build a shoe rack" it comes up high in the engine. Number two? "we rolled the minivan". That day had the most visits of the whole year with 173 visitors that day.

Break down of states? Every state in the US has visited the blog except for these 5 states- I NEED YOUR HELP! If you know someone in these states, forward them the blog and lets see if we can get all 50 states represented, and they are Wyoming, Montana, S. Dakota, Delaware, and Rhode Island. I'm sure there has to be at least one person living in those states that you know, send them the blog!

Now.... (drum roll please) The break down of states that are reading the blog the most?

1. Washington- 1965 visits, top cities- Seattle, 1965, Renton 497, Auburn, 353, and an honorable mention of Medina with 135 visits... could Bill Gates be reading the blog?

2. California- 500 visits, top cities are LA- 138 visits, San Fran 50 visits. Buse, you're not even making the grade bro!

3. Texas 346 visits top cities Killeen 88, Bulverde 66. Not a strong showing, but getting there.

4. Alaska 187 visits, but here's the cool part, 182 of those visits are from Juneau! I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that my friend Case is single handedly carrying the great state of Alaska! Way to go Case! I might just forgive you for winning that Van Halen "Jump" 45rpm from me in the 4th grade.

One more honorable mention- someone in Gwynn Park Maryland has 138 visits. I'm curious who that is. You're a faithful reader! Thank you.

What's this all mean? Not much spiritual significance except the reality that people are reading blog. As long as you guys keep reading, I'll keep writing. I love writing it, and I love the feedback. Its a benefit to me, and you.

God bless you for reading the blog. I'll be back at the "nuggets" and "insights" tomorrow. Lets see how the numbers fall at the end of the year.

Bless you
matt

10 comments:

  1. I'll never stop reading your blog Matt, I love it!!!! Congrats! Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your blog every day. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pastor friend in Montana that I will send your blog to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take care of Montana for you right now... Give it about an hour... -Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend Pastor Jordan from Montana said he would send it to someone he knows in Wyoming. Come on people! Lets get all 50 states today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just sent it to a friend in South Dakota...

    Dale

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Matt and everyone from SPU and/or 5th Hill! LeAnn (Carrell) Minister here. Dale said I should give you a HELLO from South Dakota!

    ReplyDelete
  8. South Dakota is showing up.. but no Montana yet...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Watch the Alaska stat after this weekend. I'll bet you $50 of Mr. Hill's "auction bucks" the Alaska number goes down and Oregon climbs the rankings a bit...

    Side note: Do you happen to remember what the "B" side of that record was? ;-)

    -Case

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dare I ask if the B side was "hot for teacher"?

    ReplyDelete