Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I woke Up Late This Morning

I woke up way too late this morning. I had set my alarm for 530 so I could get up, walk the dog, write the blog, and get to my 7am meeting.

It didn't happen that way. I woke up very refreshed at 635am, and wondered, "how did I hit the snooze for the last hour?". So I hopped out of bed, brushed my teeth, put on some pit-stick, threw some gel in my hair and headed off to my meeting.

As I was traveling to the place, I thought to myself that maybe I shouldn't have chosen shorts and sandals as the uniform of the day when being invited to a community outreach meeting with the Mayor, but be that as it may, I did get to the meeting a smidge before 7, albeit showerless, picking the gunk out of the corners of my eyes as I was driving.

This was the greatest part though- the meeting was fantastic. I am so glad that I made it and that I was there. This guy, Rick Cameron has started a Dream Center in Auburn. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Dream Center concept of Ministry- but its quite simple. If you see a need, you meet a need. These guys are reaching out with tangible help to people in Auburn who most desperately need it.

Two great things I love about Rick-

1. He did this work with little to no support because God called him to it.
2. He wants to tangibly help people, and in the process help local churches.

Obedience, and the big picture. Most people are concerned with themselves, and their own, while this guy is concerned with everyone else.

We can all learn something from this- even if you wake up late, go, because you were probably supposed to be where you are late getting to, be obedient to what God calls, and help others and don't worry about when you're getting yours.

Rick is speaking at our Church this Sunday. We're partnering with him and what he's doing in Auburn. You can visit his website here.

Bless you
matt

No comments:

Post a Comment