Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Live On A Commercial Plane for a MONTH?

Interesting story I found on the Internet this morning. This guy Mark Malkoff is going to be living on commercial airplanes for the next month. Wow. This is quite an endeavor to go through. Living on a PLANE for one MONTH? No way.

It brings up some interesting questions for me-

1. How will this guy shower? And how will his fellow passengers feel about sitting next to someone who hasn't had a shower in a few weeks?

2. Will he be able to bring extra food, or will he just be relegated to packets of peanuts and ginger ale?

3. Will he be clocking frequent flier miles, and if he does, after a month of continuous flying, when will he ever want to fly again?

4. I hope this guy isn't tall like me, because I can barely move after a 2 hour flight to LA.

5. I wonder if he will get violently ill from being in an enclosed place with so many people for a long time.

Do you know what I love the most about this story though? Apparently Mr. Malkoff has a fear of flying that he is going to face while doing this stunt.

That's superb. What a way to get over a fear. Get so immersed in it that you don't have any option but to overcome it. Good for you Mark. I wish you well.

I think we can all grab a bit from this guy- Facing our fears. Its not an easy thing to do, but sometimes its the best way for us to be able to grow as a person, to be able to come to a place where we no longer have to walk in fear, because of someone or something.

I like what it says in the book of Isaiah-So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

We don't have any reason to walk in fear. We should walk in VICTORY because God walks with us.

If you want to read the article you can read it here

Bless you
matt

No comments:

Post a Comment