Friday, June 5, 2009

I'm Buying Crystal a Gun

When I was in the Army, we used guns all the time. I'm not concerned with being around firearms at all.

One time when I was in the Army, I was talking with one of my friends, and we decided that we wanted to go tanning, so we could look better when we were going out to meet women. We ended up at this tanning place called 'Totally Tan'.

The first day we went to this place, there was this hot little number at the front desk, well seeing how I was there to get tan, to meet women, I figured that I could kill two birds with one stone, so I started flirting with her.

Most women don't respond well to this tactic, and this one was no different, I was young, full of myself, and in the Army, and she wanted nothing to do with me, my tan, or my antics.

Then one day I found an 'in'. She was on the phone with one of her girlfriends, and they were talking about something having to do with church, and when she hung up the phone, I asked her if she loved Jesus.

She looked at me funny, and said yes, so I asked her if she wanted to go and hang out sometime, and she said no. But she told me if I wanted to hang out with her I could hang out with her at Church on Sunday.

I guess she figured I wouldn't show up. This was her approach to every guy that asked her out, so when I showed up for church, I think she was surprised.

That was January of 1998. June 5th 1998, I married the love of my life and have never looked back. Today I celebrate this milestone in our marriage of 11 years.

So why am I buying her a gun? The 11th anniversary traditional theme is 'steel' so I figured, why not a gun? Its made of steel, right? What wife wouldn't love a wonderful gun for her anniversary?

I know, you don't have to tell me, I'm all heart.

Be Blessed today. I am. I have the most wonderful wife in the world, she's my best friend.

matt

ps. I'm not really buying her a gun.

9 comments:

  1. Police are seconds away. My .40 is here, now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11 years! You are catching up to us.KE5MZP AND I will have our 19th in October. Milestone is right these days.Congrats.
    Marilyn A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful blog today. It is a joy to see marriage that work on many levels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, congratulations! You two are an inspiration to married couples across the globe!! Secondly, I think "Steel by Design" jewelry, through QVC, of course, is a much better choice.... check it out! -Ellen

    http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.J138318.desc.Steel-by-Design-Heart-Charm-Rolo-Bracelet-Stainless-Steel

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Beattles sing "happiness is a warm gun". I say go for it. How could John Lennon be wrong? Maybe even get it ingraved and get a his/hers set. Going to the range can be good bonding time for you guys. And if she ever gets upset you can even get a nice silhouette target of yourself made up for her... LOL Congratulations! If you do it, I'll get Emily one in 11 years for our anniversary. Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get her a titanium Glock...

    Dale

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats brother!!!! may God grant you many years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matt, I was just catching up on the blog...so I missed your big day. Congratulations to you both, that is a nice accomplishment. I never knew how you met Crystal and I think it's a great story. You both are blessed...

    Mariah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on 11 years of marriage!! In todays society that is a true accomplishment. It was nice to hear the story of how you met. I bet you were glad to go to church that Sunday. It sounds like to me that God brought you both together to do great & wonderful things. May you have many more years together. Love you guys, Dani

    ReplyDelete