Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Do You Need An Excuse to Eat Pizza?

I love pizza. Most people do. There was this great pizza place by my house when I was a kid called Pizza and Pipes that we used to go to all the time. It had good cheap pizza and a huge pipe organ that you could listen to while you were eating your pizza. My sister and my brother both worked there at different times, but now its been replaced by a Blockbuster video store. How sad.

Well, that love of pizza continues into my adult life. I have 3 places that I eat pizza from on a regular basis, one of which is Papa Johns pizza. Personally, I think that PJ is that greatest chain pizza that you can buy. That garlic sauce that comes with it is succulent. Its a bit more expensive than other pizzas, but man is it sure good.

About a week a week ago, in Lakewood Washington, a man walked into a coffee shop and killed four police officers at point blank range. Its been a pretty devastating blow to the communities around here. Those deaths affected many families and in response, tonight and tomorrow, in the Puget Sound Region, the Papa Johns in the continues of King, Pierce and Kitsap are having a fundraiser. Those 42 Papa Johns have agreed to donate one hundred percent of the profits from the sales of those two nights to benefit the families of the slain officers.

How great is that? Way to go Papa Johns! As if I needed another excuse to eat pizza. Seriously though, I wanted to pass this on to you readers in the Puget Sound region so that you would know to go and eat some pizza tonight or tomorrow.

I understand that some of you blog readers outside the region may feel a bit short-changed by this regionally specific blog today. Do not let your hearts be trouble. The Victory Blog will be back in full swing tomorrow. Use today as an opportunity to reflect on the Goodness of God. The ways that He blesses you and the love that He brings.

Be Blessed
Matt

1 comment:

  1. Hey Matt. Loved your blog, even though I'm in Tupelo, Mississippi. Had a Dejourno's pizza tonight, but wish our PJ's offered your great fundraiser to help those families!

    ReplyDelete