Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A 60 AMP Circuit Box Spoke To Me Yesterday

When we moved into our house 6 years ago, there was only one electrical plug-in outlet in our garage. Did you get that? Only one! Now, I'm not sure what the contractor was thinking way back in 1977 when they built this split-level palace, but what in God's green earth can you do with only one outlet in a garage?
 
Its been a frustration for me since we've been in the house. I can't run power tools in there. I can't plug in anything. I have my extra refrigerator and freezer plugged into the one outlet that I have, and during the summer, the circuit always trips because of the garage door opener, and the bathroom light, and all this other stuff.
 
The lack of power going to my garage kept me from doing what I wanted to do in there. It was frustrating.
 
What I had tried to do over the years was plan when and where I would plug in whatever I needed to, depending on how much power that it drew from the system. Knowing a little about electrical, I knew that if I sucked too many amps from the circuit, it would trip it, so I got my power from other places in the house using extension cords and such.
 
It wasn't perfect, but it worked.
Yesterday the problem was finally solved. With the help of a friend, I was able to run a new dedicated 60 amp circuit to my garage for whatever power tools that I need. I can run a compressor, my freezer, a power saw, whatever I want to run in there. Its awesome. I keep going out into the garage and looking at the new box. Its amazing. I can't wait to start using my power tools again!
 
As I was standing my my PJs last night in my garage marveling at the shiny new box on my wall it spoke to me- not really, but I thought about this- Many times in our lives we have a lack of power, and we go every where else to try to find more power except directly to the power source.
 
Let me explain- when I was having power problems in my garage, it wasn't because there wasn't enough power coming into my house, it was that I hadn't connected with it correctly. As soon as I got the right connection, the power that was already available to my home, became usable when I connected correctly.
 
Are you with me? In your spiritual life, typically the problem isn't that God lacks the power necessary to change you, its that you haven't made the right connection. God doesn't have a power problem, we have a connection problem. Many times we don't connect with God because we go about it wrong, or go through people, or processes, instead of going directly to the power source.
 
God's power is unlimited. His ability to empower you is amazing- but you must connect directly to him through prayer and the Bible. When we make the right connection, we always get more power, and with that power, are able to do more things through His power, and not our own.
 
Make the right connection today. Go directly to the power source and watch what happens in your life.
 
Be blessed.
 
pastor matt

Posted via email from Faith and Victory Church Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment