Friday, May 21, 2010

Crocodile Dundee, Jesus and a Ninja All Walk Into a Bar....

I've never been mugged. One time I was in downtown Seattle when I was a high schooler and someone grabbed the chain around my neck and was going to rip it off, but he didn't. Other than that, I've never been held up or accosted in a robbery.
 
I found a story today that I want to share with you. In Australia, some guy got mugged outside a school for Ninjas and the students saw it and took off after the guy. You can read about it here- http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/asia_pacific/10130346.stm . This story is so cool on so many fronts.
 
1. There is a school for Ninjas? Unbelievable. I think I just might enroll. I thought that they were super secret Illuminati type warriors that are only heard of and never seen. I didn't know that I could be one of them.
 
2. Can you imagine what this guy was thinking while he was getting mugged? Maybe something went through his mind like "Man, where is a Ninja when you really need one?" and voila, a Ninja comes out of nowhere to save him.
 
3. Think of this criminal! I'm sure at no point in his day did he ever think that when he mugged someone that he would be attacked by Ninjas! At best he probably figured the police would get him, but a Ninja? Probably never crossed his mind.
 
I could go on for days about Ninjas. They're cool.
 
Here's what I was thinking though. The similarities to Ninjas and God in this story are somewhat similar. Yes, it may be a bit of stretch, but stick with me here. If I can draw a parallel with Ninjas and the Lord this morning, that would be sweet.
 
Here it is-
 
First, as much as you think that Ninjas are not real and never seen, they are. People think God is not real and never seen. This is not true. God is real. You can see his power.
 
Also, people in trouble call out. Sometimes you may think as though you're calling out to some unknown force that will never help- like the man who didn't think a Ninja would show up, God shows up and helps. All the time.
 
And lastly, much like the mugger caught by the Ninjas, people assume that God doesn't know what they're doing. This is not true. God is like an ultimate Ninja. He's always there, always knows what you're doing.
 
So here's the nugget- God is not a Ninja but you can learn from the ways of the Ninja today to understand a bit more about God. He is always there. He always shows up on time. He knows what you're doing. Remember that today as you go around. Remind yourself of it and live like it.
 
Be blessed
 
matt
 
 

Posted via email from Faith and Victory Church Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment