Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Want To Go Back To High School and Relive the "Glory Days"?

High school for me was, well, High School. Like most kids, I think that my remembrance of it doesn't quite coincide with the reality of what it was. More than likely other people's perception of who I was and the life I lived in my head in High School is very very different also. High school was what it was.
 
You have to admit that there is a certain aura associated with it though, isn't there? Countless movies about it confirm that we all, at some point, think about who and what we were in those days. Some of us, probably think about it and wish we could go back and do something different. That in someway if we could go back to that day, and do something different it would change the outcomes of our life today.
 
What's my biggest regret from high school? Not trying harder and training more diligently for sports. Especially football. It still pains me at times to think about what I "could have been" if I applied myself in sports. Would it change who I am today? Probably not. Except I wouldn't have as many regrets, and maybe a few more positive experiences to look back on.
 
I found an interesting article today about a young man in Texas. You can read it here http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Man-Posing-as-High-School-B-Baller-Arrested-93575559.html A young man in Texas who was 22 years old got found out playing for a high school basketball team.
 
Really? Sure, it was breaking the law, but my heart kind of went out to the guy. I don't know what was going on in his head, but I can assume that he was reliving something about his past, or he really didn't want to grow up. Either way, I'm not mad at the guy, I am a bit intrigued.
 
Here's the deal- we all have regrets. And none of us can go back. There is only one option- learn to live with the past, try to make amends, and move on.
 
Here's the biggest part I want to make clear in today's blog- Do you realize that you may look back on the time you are living in right now and have regrets about it in your future? You may not be in high school right now, but 5 or 10 years from now, you may look back at 2010 and think "I wish I would have done it differently".
 
What's the nugget? Live today how you think you should live so that in the future you won't have any regrets about what you have done or not done. Years from now you will not be able to come back to today and relive it. You can only live in the now. So live your life today in a way that you won't ever have any regrets.
 
Be blessed.
matt

Posted via email from Faith and Victory Church Blog

1 comment:

  1. Time will pass no matter what - it is a leviathon that is unmoveable, uncaring, and unstopable. How we choose to use it makes all the difference. Thanks Pastor Matt for this reflection.

    ReplyDelete