Thursday, May 27, 2010

Is This Object Lesson a Stretch?

I write this blog quite religiously. I try to do it 4 times a week. Its difficult sometimes because it feels like I often get in a 'lull' where the blog isn't really earth shattering. But, seeing how I'm committed to it, and my friend Anthony in Spokane calls me if I don't write it, I come back to it day and day again.
 
Its beneficial to me. I know there is usually only about 50-80 people who read it a day, but for me, just sitting down and reflecting and thinking about what the Lord is teaching me is always good. If anything, it keeps me focused. It reminds me of things.
 
Like today. I went to the gym this morning and my friend Chad was late. Yea, that's right, I threw him straight under the bus. That's what he gets for being 20 mins late. Being called out on the blog is his penance. Well anyway, when I got out of the gym, my 'low tire pressure' light was on in my SUV.
 
Great. This thing has been going on for about a week. I've been putting it off. Its always a chore to get some air in those tires. I have to get my compressor, and put on the attachments, and bend down and take off the air caps and all that. Its not a huge chore, just not a fun one.
 
This morning I decided that I was going to put air in the tires. I know. Earth shattering.... right? Its 730am, I'm in my garage, compressor blaring, on my knee, pumping air into tires. In the process, I thought- there is nothing that goes in tires that fills them up properly other than air. Sure, you purists would say that there is nitrogen and other stuff, but 99.9% of us use air, so get over it.
 
Here's the point- air in the tires doesn't seem like a big deal. But it is. When your tires are properly inflated in increases gas mileage, efficiency, and longevity of the tire. Staying on top of this minimal task can have far reaching implications when it comes to the life and function of your tires.
 
As I was doing this the Lord quicken my spirit and I thought- are we that diligent in the simple things of our spiritual life, such as prayer? As I was putting that air in the tires, I realized that prayer is the air in the tires of our spiritual life. If you don't pray, you don't get very far.
 
This is the encouragement I want you to get today- Pray. Just like my boy MC Hammer used to say "We got to pray just to make it today". Ask yourself how much you pray and then realize that you should do more. Spend some time talking to the Father and see how much better mileage you get throughout the day. He wants you to talk to Him. He wants to be in relationship with Him.
 
Be blessed
matt

Posted via email from Faith and Victory Church Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment