Friday, March 6, 2009

And The Winner Is......

MIRACLES! After a very close race with "Obama's Graying Hair", "Miracles" came in first. Actually, it wasn't a contest. Every vote was for miracles, save one or two.

Have you ever experienced a bonafide miracle? Something that happened in your life or someone elses that cannot be explained by nothing else except for the intervention of God? My friend Richard Pomeroy is in Pakistan right now on a mission trip and is experiencing some awesome miracles in the services over there.

Some quick background on Richard. He's a normal guy who has a desk job who used to be in ministry that felt called to go to Nepal and Pakistan on a mission trip. He generated his own support, took vacation, and went to meet with some men he had only spoken to on the Internet. I want to share with you two excerpts from his emails.

I'm not sure how you feel about God being able to heal and perform miracles, but here is a report from the front lines:

"On Monday I preached at the International Church of Pokhara to over four hundred people.... After I preached we had a prayer line again in which I prayed for more than four hundred people. The were only two people I prayed for where I did not see an immediate manifestation of healing...I am praying and counseling the local pastors to never be afraid to pray for anyone for anything. Our God is bigger than any of their afflictions."

"I feel like I am Paul and I am living in the book of the Acts of the Apostles.... We have seen several people afflicted with crippling arthritis instantly healed under the power of prayer. We just had a confirmation from a doctor last night that a boy I had prayed for with tuberculosis was completely free from the disease. We have seen both deafness healed and blindness. I have never seen anywhere the kinds of things happen that we are seeing in these meetings"

Wow. Isn't that amazing? I wonder why we don't see those types of meetings here in the United States? Is it disbelief? Is it a culture of cynicism and distrust? Is it that we put more faith in ourselves than we do in the creator?

God still heals. God still moves. God still changes lives. You may not have experienced something this tangible in your life, but don't be worried or afraid. God can and will move this powerfully in your life if you will let Him.

Bless you! Expect a Miracle!

Pastor Matt

3 comments:

  1. I have seen miracles through the power of prayer when it comes to healing. The doctors can never seem to explain it, but the prayer warriors know the truth. I truly believe that people in other countries have a hunger for God that we don't here in this country. Now I am not saying everyone in this country doesn't have a hunger for God, but I don't believe it is the same. If we had to go through some of the things that people in third world countries do we would look at God differently.
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very true Dani. I've always believed people in this country should spend time in a third world country. It would make them appreciate the things most people take for granted. Things as small as a porcelain toilet. People ask me why I don't get mad or angry eaily. It's simple. Iraq showed me that there are too many good things in this life to coplain about the small things. More on healing... My mother was prayed for and completely healed from fybromyalgia, a disease that is supposed to be incurable. Bless God..
    -Ryan G

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a living miracle.
    10 years ago I was in a car accident. I was coming home from teaching special ed at Samual Clemens, in Schertz Texas, on hwy.3009, when a car came out and ran the stop sign. Hit me with such a impact that it spun my Sport Dakota around and he hit me again in back...After a joy-ride over an open field, I was heading straight for an oak tree. The cable on my brakes broke, so no brakes...I slammed the car into 1st gear and pulled the emergancy brake. The truck stopped just inches from the tree, then filled with smoke. I unfastened my seat belt, crawled out and sat with my back against the left side of my truck, holding my chest because I hurt-so-bad. The next thing I knew a policeman was by my side and told me not to worry about anything because he saw it all. After months of recouperaton, then surgery on my back, and therepy I still couldn't move my head. My daughter called me and told me to come to Copperas Cove to meet the Hunter's. I went with my husband and was healed by the Lord. Completely healed by the touch from Jesus. I do believe in miracles and angels...I do believe, I do believe.
    Several miracles occured through this happening...1st one was I was going 55, the speed limit, when I heard a voice tell me to take my foot off the accelerator...then I felt a hand move my foot. So by the time I was hit I was only going 40 m.p.h. iin less than a minute.
    The doctor's told my husband if I had been going any faster I would not be alve. 2nd. the police officer being there bringing my immediate comfort. 3rd, after my surgery, I got out of bed...the very next day and walked, with a friend to another patients room...Mark and Felix were in there talking with the young man's wife, he hadn't even been able to sit up. We gathered together in prayer, I went back to my room and by the tiime Mark came back to the room the young man was sitting up...he got out of bed the next day. The 4th one was the healing in Copperas Cove. Yes, I am a believer. Thankful for the gifts the Lord gives me...everyday.

    ReplyDelete