Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Condi Rice and the Tonight Show

Condoleeza Rice was on the Tonight Show last night. I'm sure most of you didn't see it, since it was on after midnight. I don't usually stay up that late, but for some reason, I found myself up watching it.

She's an amazing person. I've seen and heard her alot over the last 8 years, but I've never seen her do this kind of interview before. She's real down to earth, somewhat funny, and very direct. I noticed something else about her last night that really impressed me. She knows how to be very diplomatic. I guess that's why she was our chief diplomat for all those years.

So last night Leno is asking her about President Obama, and what her thoughts were about the current administration. Now, it has been my experience that when you ask anyone their thoughts about someone or something that isn't within their sphere of influence, they have no problem unloading exactly what they think.

For some reason, people think it is completely acceptable to talk negatively about someone simply because another person asked them their opinion. Of course this happens more often in the public arena, but it still happens in the private arena also.

Individuals seem to take what ever opportunity to describe exactly what someone is doing wrong, and how they think it should be done. To them, they think that since they were asked their opinion, they have every right to tell them exactly what they think.

Do you know what Condi said to Leno last night when he asked her what she thought of the current administration? She said "they deserve our silence and support". That's it.

Wow.

Good job.

She received an open invite on national TV, and shut Leno down. Good for her. I'm sure Leno probably thought that question would fill some time, but it took all of about 2 seconds to answer that.

Condi father was a Minister. I'm sure he taught her what the bible says "He who holds his tongue is wise".

Hold your tongue today. Someone may ask you something that gives you an opportunity to speak your mind. It doesn't mean you have to take it.

Be blessed.

Matt

2 comments:

  1. Definitely a classy move. I've always had the utmost respect for her, even if I didn't always agree with her or her boss' decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is impressive! Why create a negative buzz when we have enough negativity in this world. It is almost like gossip & we know how that spreads like wild fire. Our leaders whether we agree with them or not need our silence & our prayers. Just my thought for the day....
    Dani

    ReplyDelete