Thursday, September 17, 2009

An Answer to Unemployment?

This unemployment rate seems to be climbing higher and faster than the equity in the housing market. I wonder when its going to drop, or if this is the new reality of the American economy.

Work is interesting. We complain about it if we have to do it, and then we complain about it if we don't get to do it. I think there is something intrinsically human about wanting to create and produce something with a tangible outcome. From the beginning of time, we've had to work. Even Adam had to work the ground after he ate the fruit.

There is this guy in my church who has been without work for quite a while. He's a union laborer. I'm not sure if you know what that job is, but I will tell you, its not an easy job at all. It is very physically demanding. Well, for the past few months, he has been off the job, and lacking in resources and means to be able to support himself.

I've been talking and praying with him about this situation, so I wanted to know what had been happening, and this is what he told me. He said that on Monday night that he had prayed the most gut wrenching painful prayer of desperation that he had ever prayed in his life. He was at the end of his rope. He had no where to turn. He couldn't make it one more day. He told me that before and after that prayer, that he was finished.

Then he told me last night that he was 'back on the job'. Amazing! He said that the job would probably last until April too! How exciting for him to finally be back in the groove of working, and not wondering where his next paycheck will come from. He said that he was 121 on the list and there were only 2 positions available, and he got one of them! Awesome!

God still answers prayer. God cares about this guy and He cares about you too. I'm not sure what you're situation is, but possibly you can add God to the equation. Let him into the situation. See what he can do with your troubles.

Have a blessed day

matt

1 comment:

  1. Hello Pastor Matt,I love to work with my hands and I believe the Lord delights to bless those that make their living by using them he loves to work and create it's just good for you to stay busy and be productive in my field it seems there's either to much work or not enough .I recently finished a remodle job it paid well but took a little longer than planned .This time of year we start gearing up for the art shows during the holidays,and filling wholesale orders.I recieved a phone call from an elderly gentalmen about some painting he wanted done on his home well I put it off but saved the tele# The Lord moved on my heart with conviction to at least touch base so he can go on and find someone or I could refere someone to him.Turns out he not only wants his house painted but has 3 more large wooden homes in a college town and the young kids living there sure could use an encounter with Jesus .God is so awesome he brought back to memory when I prayed for these jobs. What I learned from this is a very important lesson and that is not to prejudge people or sercumstances, you never know who or how or what God is going to use to bless you Ttake care your friend from Texas Pasquale

    ReplyDelete