Friday, September 4, 2009

The Tangle Of Technology

Technology is good, to a point. I know, technology is just progress and industrialization, its toilets and hammers as much as it is Internet and cell phones. But over the last few days, I've been having some issues with the technology of my life.

At church- the lapel microphone is giving us huge feedback. Apparently the FCC sold the frequency that it runs on, so we have to use a different one. The church computer is acting up and wont talk to the external sound thing we have connected to the computer to the sound board. Today I'm going to upgrade drivers and lay hands on that thing and pray the Devil out of it.

At home- I got a new phone/modem from Comcast. Then my wireless router stopped working. Somehow my secured wireless network disappeared, and now I have a new network that is unsecured. The wireless works, but I don't know if I can print wireless now. There is no internet connection.

Do you know what this does to me? It frustrates me. It consumes me. It holds my brain and causes me to dwell on it far longer than I should.

But here's the great part- last night I called the 1800 number for comcast, and the guy on the other end fixed my wireless problem. Thank you Mr. Comcast! Also, I called my friend Rick who is going to help me with the Church's sound system today!

What the point? Sometimes we allow stuff to consume us longer than we should because we spend too much time going at it alone. Don't be afraid to reach out to someone and ask for help. There are people out there that know a ton about this stuff, but you have to be willing to ask for help! And once you do, it will make your life a whole lot easier.

Technology can be a tool of the Devil, but it can also be a tool of the Lord to allow us to humble ourselves, and allow other people to serve us and be blessed in the process.

Be blessed today
matt

Have a blessed day

matt

3 comments:

  1. How appropos for me today. We got new wireless headsets for our work phones today. Setup, features, use, etc. Right now I thinking "Tool ofthe devil". But once we get it all up and running, I will be a happy camper. I think I'll join you on praying the h*ll out of it.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I agree totally.

    I am glad to know that it is now resolved. if you need further assistance, let me know. i work for Comcast.

    Have a blessed day,

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That works in all areas of life...not only with technology...The dumbest question ever is the one not asked. Ask for help...I dp and it does make life so much easier.

    ReplyDelete