Wednesday, February 18, 2009

One of The Reasons Some People Are More Successful

Do you know people who are successful? I know that's a pretty loose term, but by successful, I mean people who have accomplished what they have set out to do. These are the driven people around us who have made an impact on their own life and the lives of people around them.

Success can come in many forms, but to me, the greatest descriptor of someone who is successful is a person who has the ability to accomplish their goals. I like being around people like that. They make me want to accomplish my goals.

Yesterday Crystal and I had a meeting with a very successful person. They are the owner of a business with about 60 employees here in Auburn. She wanted to meet with Crystal and I so we could talk about some ways that She and her business can help us reach out into the community, partner with her company, and grow the church. Wow. Did I mention that she called us and wanted to have this meeting?

Why am I telling you this? Because what she did is one of the things that I think makes successful people more successful: They look for ways to make other people around them be more successful.

I know, it seems like everyone should be that way, but typically they're not. Most people figure out a way to be on top and keep the secrets to themselves. They don't want to help others, because they are afraid that in some way it would challenge their success, or keep them from accomplishing more. To these people success is something that exists in limited quantities, so they better not share, or it will run out.

True leaders know different. They know the more you help others, the more it helps you.

Help someone today. Share your expertise. Show someone a way to be more successful. All of your gifts and talents came from somewhere, and I would venture to say that it was from the man upstairs, not from you. Therefore, you should share it with those around you.

Be successful. Share your success. It will honor the other people around you, and most of all it will honor God.

Blessings
matt

3 comments:

  1. I believe you become successful when you help others to become successful. Of course, everyone defines success differently. Our job as servant leaders is to bring out the best in others so that they may achieve their goals & dreams. Thank you for sharing that!
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. While it isn't a Christian group, I'm in a referral group called Business Networking International (BNI), and it's main motto is "Giver's Gain." That's exactly what Matt is describing here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your Blogs daily. They have a way of calling things to rememberance. I always try to relate them to Bible scriptures and the inspired word of God. This one brings to memory two scritures; Acts 20:35 and Luke 6:38...Jesus speaking here..."Give, and it shall be given to you, good measure, pressed down and shaken together, running over shall men give unto your bosom, for with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be meaasured to you again. Check out Ephesians 6:8...Thank you Pastor Matt, Keep up stirring the gifts...Keep the Holy Ghost Fire Lit and alive...LOLOLove...Brother Mark

    ReplyDelete