Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Talked To A Future President of the United States of America Yesterday

I talked to a future President yesterday. I wont tell you his name, but some of you may know him based on what I may tell, you and if not, that's okay. He called me via "commuter train one" as he was leaving Pennsylvania yesterday. I couldn't take the call, so we ended up chatting as he was at the park watching his son play.

He's a lawyer, military veteran (Officer), and is currently working for a department of the US Government in DC. I would tell you the name, but if you know him, it will totally give him away.

I've been encouraging him to think about running for President for about 5 years now. He's got what it takes. He's charismatic, he's good looking, Military vet, environmentally conscious, lawyer. Best of all, he's a guy who believes that God still moves in the lives of people today. As far as I see it, its a slam dunk. (One little side note here, we've determined that unless the political money machines latch onto him, we're going to need loads of capital to fund his run.)

I think we decided yesterday that the best route is Washington State Attorney General, Senator, then President. Mirroring our current POTUS, we could get him there in the next 12 years.

Do you know what I loved about our conversation? It was dreamy. It was beyond comprehension. Statistics would say he has a better chance of getting hit by lighting or a bus than becoming President. But I don't care, why? Because when you dream big you open up the opportunity to discover big plans that God may have for your life.

Sometimes we limit God because we think too small. We think that God isn't able to do "above and beyond anything we could ask or imagine" as the Bible says. We think small, hoping that in some way we make it easier on Him if we make our dreams a bit smaller.

Here's an update for you- He's the creator of the Universe. He can handle it.

I'm not sure if he'll be number 47 or 48 yet, but I will tell you this- there is nothing wrong with dreaming big.

Bless you today. Dream big.

matt

1 comment: