Thursday, May 21, 2009

The power of a push

I woke up this morning to get ready for my meeting in Seattle, and a story from high school popped in my head that I wanted to share with you.

I played football in high school. I really wasn't that good, even after four years but I was ok. When I first started I was horrible at it. It was the first sport I had ever played.

The first day of practice, we were supposed to run a mile around the track, which consisted of 4 laps. I really wasn't looking forward to it since I had never ran that far in my life.

After we began the run, after about 2 laps, I really started to tire and began to plan to stop. As I rounded the corner on the third lap, I ran as hard as I could, made it look like I had given it my all, and then stopped.

I said I couldn't finish. It was too much for me to take. Until this senior Brian Dodds decided otherwise. He came up behind me and pushed me. Literally pushed me on the track to keep running. I didn't want to continue, but I had no choice. Brian was behind me screaming at me as he shoved me all around that final lap.

I never would have made it without him. It took someone pushing me to get me to where I needed to be.

Is there someone you can push today? Is there someone who is trying to push you to greatness? Let God use them too day and what blessings come your way!

Blessings,

Matt
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment