Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Getting Rid of Pain

Some of you may remember the blog from Monday. Our family was in a rollover accident. Its been 3 days, and I have to tell you, already the images and the reality of it all is beginning to wear off.

The first day or so it was quite surreal. I had a bit of trouble falling asleep, and found myself a bit weepy here and there. I guess its just the finality of it all when you take a moment to sit and think about it. We're still sore and have some scrapes and stuff, but we're alive, and that's a good thing.

My hope is not to turn this into the "Victory Blog-Krachunis Family Wreck O9", but I've got to face the reality that this event that happened on Sunday has the ability to have some far reaching spiritual implications if we can learn from it. This is what Jesus did. He took everyday events and used them describe things about God's nature.

What's the nugget then? We're getting better. All of us. The pain and the emotion of it all is wearing off day by day. Its amazing that we have been created in such a way that we are able to go through very traumatic experiences and get over it. Things do get better over time if we are patient and lean on God in the process.

Sometimes when we are going through things, it seems as if the pain will never end, or the heartache will never subside, but it will. It just takes time.

I pray you're not going through something right now, but if you are, be encouraged that there is a hope for a new day. A promise of a new heart and life that realizes that when we hurt, He hurts with us, and will see us through to a place of rest and peace.

be blessed today.

matt

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Matt for that reminder. My heart is hurting and heavy and I need to remember to lean on Him...to place it ALL at His feet for He will provide hope, peace and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite phrase "This too shall pass" As difficult as things may seem, they will always get better. Great blog! Glad you guys are doing better! :) Love ya, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Anonymous said it best "I need to remember to lean on him...to place it ALL at His fet for He will provide hope, peace and rest." AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. needed that today bother....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just now reading this. You alway hear thing like this happening and you hope that it is not someone you know.And now this is the second one in two months roll overs of people I now. But all have lived thank the GOD above. Love Tammy

    ReplyDelete