Friday, January 16, 2009

In The Unlikely Event of A Water Landing

I'm sure you saw it. The water landing coming out of La Guardia yesterday? Apparently the bird hit some birds and the veteran pilot landed in the Hudson river. From what I read, it appeared as if there were no casualties. Praise the Lord.

I've been on quite a few flights. I've been to 5 continents and about 30 states,and on almost every single one of those flights you here those immortal words: "In the unlikely event of a water landing, please you your seat cushion as a flotation device".

I would say on most of those flights that I was either a. talking or b. reading the sky mall magazine. There is something quite comforting about reading about a 60 sec hot dog and bun cooker than it is to be thinking about what it would be like to be grabbing your seat cushion and heading out the door of the plane into a body of water. But what did we learn today? Sometimes the most unlikely things can actually happen.

Those people on that plane will never sit through a safety briefing on a plane the same ever again. In the back of their minds they will always remember that sometimes, the most unlikely thing can happen.

Is there someone you need to apologize to? Is there someone you need to ask forgiveness from? Is there someone you need to tell that you love them? The Bible says to not let the sun go down while you are still angry, but I think sometimes people think they have forever to make something right with someone else, themselves, or God.

Don't put it off. Do it today. Its unlikely that you won't still have the opportunity tomorrow, but do you want to take that chance? Sometimes the most unlikely events happen.

Have a great weekend. Be blessed.
matt

6 comments:

  1. Watching in amazement this event brings me to believe God was the copilot in this event and also gives me renewed faith in when I travel, I do listen to what the flight attendants say, most of the time, now it will be all the time. I was so refreshed in watching and hearing how people helped people in this time of trial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly believe God was the co-pilot on this flight and a true miracle did in fact happen. It will cause me to listen more in my seat and wait to read Sky Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great message. I pray people remember this message not just when going on a flight but in everyday life. You never know the path that is laying ahead of us even in the next hour on a trip to the store. Our experience 16 years ago put a different light and perspective on life in general and relationships we have. May others learn this without a tramatic experience.
    Theresa Brummitt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray that others learn from you message today before they experience something tramatic. Everyday remember Matthew 7:12 "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is as if God wrapped His arms around that flight.
    If nose was down any lower it would have caused the plane to brake a part. The people worked together and when the EMS arrived most if not all of the people were out of the plane.
    It is a true show that God is letting the world know that He still does miracles.

    ReplyDelete