Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama Obama Obama

Today's the day. Inauguration day for Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United States of America. I don't need CNN to tell me, I know its a historic day.

There are some people who are very excited about today, and some that are very upset about today. Regardless, its a day that changes the course of the Nation into the hands of the next person who will attempt to guide us in our attempt to be the longest surviving constitutional republic in the history of mankind.

Where do I stand? In my kitchen with my family. In my church with people of faith. At the homes of my family and friends. I stand knowing that my hopes and dreams are not pinned on a politician, a movement, a way of life.

Traumatic events have a way of providing some perspective. Usually people will spend some time reflecting and realizing what is truly important. Its not stuff, its not sports, it not politics. Its being able to freely worship God and love the people who are close to you. No president will ever change that for me.

Enjoy today and the coverage. Its historic. But remind yourself that the greatest part of our nation is not who governs us, but what opportunities we have as Americans.

The Bible says "he who the Son sets free is free indeed". When you know what it truly means to be free, you walk with a different outlook and mindset. You realize that your future is positive and your outlook bright. You exist knowing that through trials and successes that your life is in His hands.

Remind yourself of that freedom today and walk in it. Be excited with the prospect of a new day. Be excited that there is a God that loves you and wants you to be free!


Be Blessed today.

matt

ps. thanks to everyone who sent a note or called. We're all feeling alot better today. Love you all.

3 comments:

  1. Although I believe politics and government are important, I don't put all my hopes, dreams, & aspirations on the government. I look for all of those things from our savior. It seems to me that a lot of people out there are hoping that the government will bail us out of our mess. Jesus is our bail out package. With Jesus we can "Shine in 2009".
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't say it better...Good Job. Thank God for Jesus and ALL he represents...I'ld rather be biblically correct then Politically correct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just today, there is a letter in my local paper from a lady who's boat sank while un-attended in the harbor. She wants to blame the harbormaster, the city, the state... right on up the line.
    While I'm very sorry for her loss - and the requisite expense of salvaging the vessel and cleaning up the pollution - a moderate dose of personal responsibility and faith would sure be refreshing.

    Matt- I'm so glad you and your family came through unscathed (relatively, at least) and thanks for the word that you're all feeling better so soon. We'll be down to see you this summer - late June or July - but in the meantime, keep up the good work!

    -Case

    ReplyDelete